Karenjit Kaur Vohra, otherwise known as Sunny Leone, is not your typical Bollywood star. The stunning 33 year old is also a businesswoman, actress, model and has previously starred in adult movies. Sunny has come a long way since she first appeared as an inmate in Big Boss back in 2011, which she credits for making her the star she is now in India. Since then, she has tried to put her past life as an adult movie star behind her and since making it in Bollywood there has been no looking back for the talented lady! Due to her huge popularity and fan-base, we have made a list of 10 facts we bet you never knew about Sunny Leone…
1. Sunny Leone was born in Canada and in 2006 she became an American citizen; but still remains a dual citizen of Canada. Her parents are Indian citizens and so Sunny is also an Overseas Citizen Of India, which she applied for just before starring in Jism 2.
2. Before Sunny Leone stepped into the entertainment industry, she worked at a German bakery at the age of 15, studied to be a pediatric nurse and also worked at a Tax and Retirement firm. Quite the mix!
3. On being asked about her move to India, Sunny stated “I was very hesitant and scared. I was scared of the idea of leaving it all and coming to India. When I came into entertainment, I got hate mails from Indian communities in the US. I didn’t want to go through all that again, but ironically what happened now is that the Indian community in the US told me they are happy for me.”
4. Sunny has been linked to various men, however, she is now happily married to Daniel Weber. She has stated that the happy couple would love to have children someday “We definitely want to have children at some point. Danny wants a little baby girl and I want the baby to be just healthy, whether it’s a boy or a girl. But I don’t know when that will be, hopefully it will be soon.” Prior to marrying Daniel, Sunny was linked to the Vice-President of marketing at Playboy, but they broke up in 2008.
5. Sunny and her husband Daniel have a very solid relationship. As well as being happily married, Daniel is also Sunny’s business manager and heads their joint production company, Sunlust Studios. Daniel’s love for his wife is clear, “We share the best relationship. We are friends, business partners and together 24×7”
6. Despite being a huge star in Bollywood, Sunny has stated that she does not have many friends in India, “I don’t have lot of friends here. I am too busy and I don’t get to socialize much. I just want to rest at times and take a day off after a hectic schedule”.Sunny has previous stated that she does not enjoy partying that much!
7. Sunny’s favorite show is The Simpsons and her favorite food is Italian. She also loves dogs, especially rescued ones!
8. Sunny Leone made it onto FHM India Sexiest Woman in the World 2014 list at number 22, beating Megan Fox, Beyonce and Mila Kunis.
9. Sunny has recently made her Tamil film debut, where she makes a special appearance in a song in the the comedy-thriller, Vadacurry.
10. Sunny has an active and popular YouTube channel where you can watch her share personal accounts about her life through lighthearted and exclusive videos.
We hope you enjoyed reading our 10 interesting facts about Sunny Leone. To catch up with Bollywood gossip and news, why not head over to yamgo.com and watch some of our free channels like Bollywood Hungama and Zing TV!