In this blog we’ll take a look at the fresh, new design talents that will be turning heads and changing the face of fashion as we take a rundown of the Top 5 Fashion Designers in 2013.
Fashion is a fast paced industry with constantly changing trends and faces. Everyday new designers and models hit the scene hoping to make their name in the cut throat fashion world. In this blog we’ll be talking about the Top 5 Fashion Designers who are new to the industry but are showing plenty of promise for their design talents. Read on to find out more about them…
1. Felder Felder – Ok, so technically this is cheating as there are two great designers behind this label. Felder Felder was founded by identical twin sisters Annette and Daniela Felder in 2007 whilst they were studying in London. Felder Felder has grown quickly since then and the sisters have created a trade mark style for the label which consists of feminine pieces with a rock ‘n’ roll edge. Felder Felder quickly won over the press including Vogue, The Sunday Times and Elle Magazine. Now the fashion brand has a strong following including some A-List celebrities such as Gwyneth Paltrow and Florence Welch (Florence and the Machine). Felder Felder has won the well-respected Gen Award for three consecutive seasons and has also been nominated for the British Fashion Awards.
2. Sophia Webster – Sophia Webster is doing fantastic things to footwear! At the young age of 27 Sophia is achieving success after success with her shoe designs that has led her to be named as Conde Nast’s “Emerging Footwear Designer of the Year”. Sophia was also included in The Times Top 100 People to Watch on the New Power List 2013. Sophia’s footwear collection is fresh, imaginative and playful and most definitely not lacking in colour. The collection is full of bright neons and pastels with beaded embellishments giving a tribal vibe (tribal headpieces being an inspiration behind some of the designs). Sophia Webster shows no signs of slowing down any time soon as she plans to evolve the label with more handbag designs in her Autumn/Winter 2013 collection.
3. Simone Rocha – Originally from Ireland, Simone Rocha graduated in 2010 from the much acclaimed Fashion MA at Central Saint Martin’s college in London. Simone Rocha debuted at London Fashion Week showing her Spring-Summer and Autumn-Winter collections alongside the label Fashion East. Since then Rocha has presented her more recent collections at Somerset House on schedule and received high levels of fashion press approval. Some could say that designing is in Rocha’s blood as she is the daughter of designer John Rocha who has most recently launched an extremely successful collection in collaboration with the major high-street brand Debenhams. However, if one thing is clear about Simone Rocha it’s that she is not about to piggy back on her father’s success and instead plans to carve out her own career path in the world of fashion. Simone Rocha’s latest collection is pioneering for its use of fabric techniques including intricate embroidery and combining textures such as lace and tweed. There are certainly more great things to come from this young designer and that is why she has a spot in our list of 2013′s Top 5 Fashion Designers to watch.
4. Marissa Webb – Marissa Webb certainly knows a thing or two about fashion. Her previous job role was a fashion designer for the popular brand J. Crew (which she spent 11 years doing!). Since launching her own label Webb has developed a distinctive style for the brand. The latest collection for spring 2013 features sleek, well-tailored pieces such as leather jackets, structured shorts and pointy toed heels. The Marissa Webb brand has also successfully launched in prestigious stores such as Barneys New York and has received a phenomenal amount of positive press coverage in magazines including Elle, Glamour and The New York Post.
5. Whitney Port – Whitney Eve is a fashion label created and launched by TV personality and fashion designer, Whitney Port. Whitney Port made her name when she appeared in reality TV show “The Hills” alongside Lauren Conrad before later appearing in her own reality show called The City. Whitney has worked hard to create her career in fashion and previously interned at several prestigious fashion brands including magazines and fashion houses. Whitney Port launched her first runway show at New York Fashion Week in 2009 and since then has gathered a high profile celebrity following from the likes of the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and super model Heidi Klum.
So there you have our Top 5 Fashion Designers to watch in 2013. You can find lots more fashion news and insights on the fashion channels on Yamgo. Yamgo has all the top fashion TV brands available for you to watch for free including Fashion TV, World Fashion TV and Kiya TV.
What do you think of our Top 5 Fashion Designers to watch? Do you know another designer who you think is pretty great? Leave us a comment and let us know!